SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Role and Responsibilities
Establish partnerships and engage with internal and external stakeholders, maintain relationships/partnerships with peers and partners to develop strategies, goals and objectives that are consistent with the organization’s strategy. As a Sr. Project Manager, it will be required to develop and execute project plans, implement project governance and sets operational goals. Proactively communicates with employees, peers and customers. As a Sr. PM regular project status, reporting will be required to senior management in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents.
Additionally, project financials and budgeting will be required, leadership for Jr. Project managers may be required as well as well as other team members. Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs. Make sure that all projects are delivered on-time, within budget and scope. Additionally, as a Sr. project manager you will be called upon from time to time to manage multiple projects based on skills, availability, and company requirements.
Sr. Project Manager will be based in our Innovation Centre in Chania or working remotely with regular travel to Innovation Centre in Chania. He/She will report to P.M.O. and the responsibilities of the position include:
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Budget and Resources control
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Make sure that all projects are delivered on-time, within budget and scope
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g., Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science (CS), Electrical/Computer Engineering (EE/CE), or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- Strong Agile knowledge and best practice experience.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in managing big projects
- PMP (or equivalent) Certification or adequate training and experience
- Excellent communication skills Very good English written and oral communication skills. Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.
- Experience in the Airline/Transportation business or Online Payments Industry.
- Experience in the management of software development projects
- Experience / knowledge of airline & travel domain
We are always looking for talented professionals with a passion for work, who enjoy what they do and give their best. We are transforming the travel industry - be a part of it!